Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Waiting Game

We are moving again. The Hubs job here in Hill Country is coming to an end and now its time to move on to the next job. The Hubs has been told that he would more than likely be moving to the Windy City, and that the start date to the new job would be mid May. That is less than a month. We started our research for a new place to live but have yet to set anything in line until we are given the 100% go ahead. We have been doing this for years now and I should be used to this kind of life but I am not. I am stressed to the max. No matter how much preparation The Hubs and I do it always seems to end the same way. Too much to do with too little time.

The Hubs went to the corporate office and met with the President and VP of his company to discuss his future plans. We were under the impression that after this meeting we would have a clear plan of what's next. The meeting lead to further positive discussions and negotiations which left things a bit murky for our relocation. It sounds like they still want us in the Windy City but they still need to work out the details. The Hubs asked if we should lock in a place in the Windy City and was told to wait a bit. The president and VP will get back to The Hubs in a week or so.

So we wait. And with each passing day my stress level increases.


  1. That is very stressful! Well, try to take it easy as you wait - I know easier said than done. I'll be praying for you guys - for whatever changes are up ahead!

  2. Aww man, for a second there I thought windy city meant Cheyenne, where I live. oh well. This must be VERY stressful. I'm sorry!

  3. That would be so frustrating!

    Will it ever be more of a permanent placement, or probably not? Good thing you have eachother and G as a constant!

    I really hope they let you know soon!