Wednesday, March 24, 2010

So we meet again, Mr. White Hair.

I first met Mr. White Hair in 2007.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  I was recently married and getting ready to start my day.  I was curling my hair when I saw him.  I was in shock.  Total disbelief.  Yes, I know that it is VERY normal to have white hairs, but I was 25 years old and a granddaughter to two 80+ year old grandmas with heads full of black hair.  White hair just shouldn't be happening to me, especially not so early, or so I thought.  I pulled that bad boy out and wrote my sisters and best friends a super long e-mail about how grief stricken I was that I found my first white hair.  They all rightfully laughed at me, told me to get over myself, and to stop being a drama queen.

This did not stop me from looking out for Mr. White Hair every time I blew out my hair.  If he showed his ugly face again I was ready to pull his ass back out.  I haven't seen him again until today.  3.5 years later I find him.  He is only a couple inches long so I figure he has not been growing for too long.

Can you spot him??? (Yes, I know I am a weirdo who takes pictures of my white hair.)

I did something I did not think I would do if I happen to come across him again.  I left him in.  I figured that at the rapid rate that I am loosing my hair I would be silly to pull any out on purpose, even if it is white.  

2 comments:

  1. LMAO! I found my first while pregnant and I about choked. Good news is, hair color will be around for the years to come:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've given up on my white hairs :-) Right now I can't even decide if I want to color my hair to hide them, not because of the cost, but because I don't have the time to go for my hair to be touched up when it grows out lol

    (WhiteysWifey from the bump)

    ReplyDelete