Monday, March 15, 2010

In a funk

I decided recently that I need to take more of a stand in my own personal life.  I have found myself getting into a rut, a funk.  Far too often lately, I take my morning shower, turn on the tv, open up my laptop and cozy up with G and Zo and do almost nothing.  As the day progresses my energy dwindles.  At some point during the day almost everyday I am struck with an immense feeling of loneliness to the point where I just want to cry.  It's only gotten worse since snowmageddon hit here in Hill Country because before that I would at least try to get out once a day.  It's depressing the crap out of me and I need to snap out of it.  I told myself that as the snow melts I should be making more of an effort to get back into my life. I am lighting a fire under my own ass.

I have joined pilates.  The class is held on M and W from 7pm - 8pm.  It's my time regardless of what the day brings me to get the hell out of my house and surround myself with adults.  Its also making me do the one thing I dislike but need to do, exercise.  I do love pilates but I suffer from the lazys.  Too lazy to start exercising but love the feeling after I do it.  It's also a nice break from G, Zo and The Hubs too, because once in a while everyone needs a break.

I am restarting where I make a list every night of what I want to accomplish the next day.  I need to get back into the routine of getting out at least once a day.  I told myself that, yes, I may not know anyone here in Hill Country but that does not mean that I need to sit here and watch the days past by me.  I think setting myself small tangible goals everyday will help me immensely.

I am also getting out of the house and going for a walks.  Once G gets a bit older and the weather gets nicer I plan on taking her to the parks.  Fresh air never hurt anyone and who knows maybe we will both meet friends.

I am going to try to cook one new recipe a week.  I love cooking and I need to get back into the things I love.  I plan on setting aside some time once a week so I can figure out what I want to make and then just go for it.

The last thing that I need to do but have been holding off for a while now is joining a mommys group.  We may be moving yet again in April/May so as soon as I know what's going on with The Hubs job status I will either join the groups that I know exist here in Hill Country or research groups in the next city/state that we will be moving to and join them.

Hopefully this will all help unfunk myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment