Sunday, August 8, 2010

When you know you have officially lost it.

I came to the point this weekend where I had to admit that my "pregnancy brain" has taken a permanent residency in my head but answers to the new name, "mommy brain".  Last night I was sitting on the couch zoned out to the world while Hubs was rummaging in the fridge for his late night snack when I suddenly hear "What the hell!?!?!?" I look up at him and he is standing in front of our fridge with the door wide open and a dirty rolled up diaper in his hand.  He then says to me "Do you realize that you put this in the fridge?!?!"

I knew I changed Gianna's diaper before we put her down for bed.  I knew I grabbed the diaper to bring it to the trash in the kitchen.  I could have sworn that I threw it in the trash.  I vaguely remember going into the fridge.  I have no recollection of putting the diaper into the fridge.

We crack up.  Seriously, who does that?  I do.  My brain has officially turned into mush.  I was just thankful that it was a pee pee diaper and not the other kind.  The saddest and funniest part about it all is that when Hubs first took a glance at the diaper he got all excited thinking that it was some kind of awesome leftovers.  It sure was some leftovers... Gianna's...and not the awesome kind.

2 comments:

  1. bahahaha! that's hilarious :) Definitely not the leftovers he was looking for! Good ol' Mommy Brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!!! That is great. I have left diapers all over our house but never, ever in the fridge. My husband would not laugh at that, he would probably commit me.

    ReplyDelete