Wednesday, September 22, 2010

11 Months

Today my little Gianna turned 11 mths old.  Pretty soon people will no longer be considering her a little baby and instead will be calling her a toddler.  Through this whirlwind called parenthood I just can't help but feel like I am suffering from a bad case of whip lash because this small window of "baby' time has just flown by.  I keep finding myself looking back over these past few months and wondering where in the heck did it all go?  Ever since the birth of my daughter my life has changed in the big, but whats to be expected ways.  Things like my time, my energy, my personal and living space have all been effected by this new member in our family.  But I am realizing that Gianna has also effected little things in my life too. 

When I attend weddings and see the father daughter dance I no longer look at it and see my best friend dancing with her father.  Instead I see my soon to be grown up baby girl being twirled around by her daddy.  I can no longer watch movies where any harm is inflicted on a child because it just stays with me all day and night and makes me want to hold my baby girl in my arms forever.   

I heard a song on the radio today while I was driving my car that brought tears to my eyes.  Although it was not written to describe the love a mother feels for her daughter it just hit me.  It described exactly what I feel when I think of my baby girl.  She is always in my thoughts.  Always on my mind.   I am sure that most of you have already heard this song but I hope that you do not mind the fact that I am going to share a bit with you.  

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

So Miss Gianna, you are well on your way to becoming a big girl now, and as you take those first steps into toddlerhood just remember this.... that no matter if you are 11 mths, 13 years old, or 42 you will ALWAYS be my baby girl. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy 11 months! And I totally think of Avery when I hear that verse!! It is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete